Spring is generally considered the most ideal time for home owners to install new windows. It’s natural to think about installing new windows in your home as spring approaches because warming temperatures and longer days invite more light and fresh air into your home. Let’s look at a few more reasons why spring is the most popular time of year to install new windows.
1. Improved curb appeal: New windows can add hundreds or even thousands of dollars to the value of your home, especially if they’re custom-made. New windows are more attractive than old ones, which tend to look outdated after years or even decades have passed since they were installed. New windows can also help modernize the look of a home.
2. Increased property value: Spring is a popular time of year for home sales. Many homes sell for more than their asking price and you can maximize your profit by choosing replacement windows as an exterior upgrade. In fact, according to the 2023 Cost vs Value Report by Remodeling, replacement windows provide a 68.5% return on investment!
3. Improved security: While the warmer weather may be pleasant, sadly, it also means an increase in home invasions and break-ins. Single-pane windows, old and faulty hardware, and windows that don’t seal shut won’t offer the protection of double or triple-pane windows, Fibrex® frames, and functioning windows.
4. Energy savings: New windows mean that your house will be better insulated from outdoor temperatures, which means less energy consumption and more money in your pocket! You’ll stay cooler in the approaching summer weather for less.
5. Increased natural light: When the sun comes out in the spring, it’s natural to want it streaming into every room of your house. Newer window styles tend to have thinner frames, allowing more light into your home.
6. Better weather: Spring is the best time for window installation because it’s warmer than winter but not as hot as summer, so you can install new windows with fewer worries about your family’s comfort.
After a long, chilly winter, you’ll be ready to enjoy the longer, brighter days with new windows that won’t break the bank. We can help you achieve this. When you’re ready to take the first step, give us a call or fill out our contact form to schedule a free, no obligation consultation. We’re proud to serve Anchorage, the Mat-Su Valley, Fairbanks, the Kenai Peninsula, and Juno.